Date/Time: 11/01/2022, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Hospice has historically been a traditional-Medicare-only benefit.
But participating Medicare Advantage Organizations (MAOs) will include hospice in their benefit packages throughout the four-year Hospice Demonstration. Review the latest updates to Medicare Advantage and Hospice Demonstration, now in their third year. Learn who is participating and how implementation has progressed.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the MAOs participating in the VBID demonstration and included states for 2023
- Outline the MAO participation requirements
- Itemize the criteria needed for hospice payment if a patient has a MAO participating plan
- Review the billing instructions for the MAO and traditional Medicare when a patient is enrolled in a participating plan
- Describe the differences between traditional Medicare coverage and the VBID demonstration
Medicare Advantage (MA) traditionally covered home health services and not hospice care – but times are changing. This webinar will review the Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) Model – Hospice Benefit Component which began January 1, 2021. Currently, there are 13 MAOs participating and more are expected next year. This webinar will review the differences in coverage for in-network versus out-of-network providers. In addition to hospice care, participants will learn about the expansion of palliative care services that will be offered to patients through the MAO. CMS requires that MAOs provide beneficiaries with broad access to the complete original Medicare hospice benefit. Learn all aspects of the demonstration and prepare for the reality of Medicare Advantage in hospice.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for administrators, directors, intake staff, and authorization personnel.
- VBID reference list
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar