Date/Time: 11/17/2022, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Defining your role as a hospice chaplain or social worker is just the beginning.
Take the next step to truly define who you are and where you want to be in your vocation. It is vital to set goals and aspirations to never lose sight of the “why” and to work towards the future with intention. Create a solid foundation and goal to stay true to your calling and give the gift of hospice.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the comprehensive roles of hospice chaplains and social workers
- List five key criteria of high-level practice for each
- Explain the concept of “defining moments” and recognize examples that promote or contradict who you want to be in your work
- Formulate personal and professional goals that are consistent with high-level practice
- Describe methods for maneuvering around common obstacles
- Create a plan for future endeavors and goals
Are you the chaplain or social worker you aspire to be? In general, our best work is done when we connect with people. However, times of great growth do not coincide with complacency. How do you deal with difficult people or those reluctant to “let you in”? Are you sometimes relieved when a family declines social work or chaplain visits? How do you set goals and celebrate your victories? This webinar will explore those moments that define who we are in our roles – the aspirational and successful experiences that encourage us to keep pursuing our mission and the challenging times that make us question “why.” Learn to appreciate and embrace defining moments to continually raise the bar for exceptional chaplain and social work end-of-life care.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice social workers and chaplains. All hospice team members, including management and leadership, will benefit from learning about the importance of these essential team members.
- List of key criteria for the role of the hospice chaplain and social worker on the IDT
- Personal assessment exercise
- Goal planning exercise
- Additional resource list for key topics, including lecture notes
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar