Develop an Effective Hospice Competency Program
Date/Time: 02/03/2022, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
This informative webinar will examine what a hospice competency program is and how to efficiently develop and implement an effective program. It will cover the competency process, how to include all positions and staff members, and review competency forms.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define what a competency program is and is not
- Develop an organization-wide competency program
- Recognize the key benefits of having an effective competency program
- Improve patient care and agency outcomes
- Enforce agency compliance with regulations
Having an effective hospice competency program will reduce agency risk and increase the quality of patient care, as staff become competent with policies, procedures, and federal and state accreditation regulations. CAHPS scores also improve when staff are comfortable and proficient in all procedures, including the Hoyer Lift, wound care, medication management, and infection control. When patients and families experience skilled care from properly trained staff, they experience improved outcomes and coordination of care. Now that the Hospice Care Index (HCI) is going to be counted towards hospice outcomes, having competent staff and a formal, objective competency program will give your agency a head start on improving CAHPS scores!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for administrative staff, clinical managers, QAPI coordinators, and IDG members.
- Competency checklist
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar