Complimentary 2022 Volunteer Appreciation Package : Appreciating & Utilizing In – House & Remote Hospice Volunteers
Date/Time: 04/07/2022, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
As a thank you to our valued managers and volunteers, this webinar package is complimentary!
Celebrate Volunteer Appreciation Month with this two-part webinar package! Volunteer managers can attend the 90-minute webinar live* or access the on-demand version later. The package includes a separate 60-minute on-demand webinar designed for volunteers, as well as handouts and guides for both managers and volunteers.
WHAT YOU GET WITH THIS WEBINAR PACKAGE:
- Live and/or on-demand access to Appreciating & Utilizing In-House & Remote Hospice Volunteers, a 90-minute webinar for volunteer managers*
- On-demand access to Volunteering with People Who Have Alzheimer’s/Dementia, a 60-minute webinar designed for volunteers
- Discussion guide to use with volunteers before and after the webinar
- Access to a Volunteer Manager Event Planning Guide for your appreciation event
- Exercises and activities for expanding the event beyond the webinar
- Resource list for further learning opportunities
*PLEASE NOTE: the live webinar is limited to 300 attendees. If the live webinar room is full, you will still receive access to the on-demand version. There will be no phone line for the live webinar; you must get the audio using your computer speakers.
90-MINUTE VOLUNTEER MANAGER WEBINAR DETAILS
Appreciating & Utilizing In-House & Remote Hospice Volunteers
Showing volunteers true appreciation has become increasingly difficult. Since luncheons and large group gatherings are no longer an option, demonstrating appreciation requires creativity. Additionally, providing in-person bedside care is everchanging and challenges agencies to find inventive ways to attract and utilize volunteers in new and diverse roles. This webinar will look at a variety of innovative techniques that are being used across the country to expand volunteer services and show appreciation during these challenging times.
60-MINUTE ON-DEMAND VOLUNTEER WEBINAR DETAILS
Volunteering with People Who Have Alzheimer’s/Dementia
Since the early days of hospice, volunteers have found that caring for people with dementia can be challenging. Many volunteers prefer not to take these assignments due to their complexity. However, specialized training can increase volunteers’ comfort level and help them realize the significant impact they can have – even when a patient is unable to communicate. This webinar will increase volunteers’ understanding of the various forms of dementia and the critical need for their involvement.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This creative and informative webinar package will benefit volunteer managers and coordinators, hospice managers, leadership, and all staff/volunteers involved with volunteer manager responsibilities and program coordination. In addition, volunteers are encouraged to participate in the 60-minute on-demand webinar, Volunteering with People Who Have Alzheimer’s/Dementia.
- A 60-minute on-demand webinar specifically designed for volunteers
- Volunteer manager event planning guide
- Lecture notes, guides, articles, and additional resources
- Slides that can be used in volunteer training events
- Scenarios for follow-up discussions
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
GARY GARDIA INC.