Date/Time: 05/04/2023, 12:00 am
Stay up to date with the latest in Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) Model news.
Participants will learn all aspects of the current demonstration and prepare their agencies for the reality of Medicare Advantage in hospice.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Outline the participation requirements for Medicare Advantage Organizations (MAOs)
- Recognize the MAOs and states that are participating in the 2023 VBID demonstration
- List the criteria for a hospice to receive payment if a patient has a MAO participating plan
- Understand the instructions for billing the MAO and traditional Medicare when a patient is enrolled in a participating plan
- Differentiate between traditional Medicare coverage and the VBID demonstration
This webinar will expound on the details of the Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) Model focusing on the Hospice Benefit Component. Until recently, Medicare Advantage has traditionally covered home health patients, but never hospice. The VBID demonstration began January 1, 2021. There are 19 Medicare Advantage Organizations participating in 2023 and even more expected in 2024. In addition to hospice care, there is an expansion of palliative care services that will be offered to patients through the MAOs. This webinar will review the coverage differences for in-network versus out-of-network providers. It will also review the CMS requirements for MAOs to provide beneficiaries with broad access to the complete original Medicare hospice benefit.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for administrators, directors, intake staff, authorization personnel, and billing department staff.
- VBID resource guide for billing
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar