Date/Time: 02/23/2023, 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Professional hospice volunteers can help agencies exceed the 5% requirement, relieve overworked team members, and support understaffed hospices.
Involving community professionals as volunteers within your program is also an excellent way to market hospice programs and services. Design and grow a creative program with a comprehensive understanding of the CoP requirements so you can maximize volunteer efforts.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Cite Medicare language specifically related to the use of professional volunteers
- Discuss how agency policies can interfere with program expansion and volunteer utilization
- List 10 expanded uses for volunteers who have licenses, certifications, ordination, or other qualifications
- Use a demonstrated process to write policies, training curricula, and other program requirements
- Employ two methods to market/recruit professional volunteers
A common dynamic evolving nationally is the desire to increase volunteer utilization to provide relief and support to overworked staff. Your agency can accomplish this through a variety of ways and maximize the use of professional volunteers. The focus of this webinar will be to expand the involvement of volunteers to increase the ability to provide high-quality care, meet and exceed the 5% requirement, and provide support and assistance to all members of the care team and organization. The goal is to have active, skilled volunteers everywhere we look!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This innovative session is designed for volunteer managers, volunteers serving on the steering committee, organizational leadership, managers, marketing personnel, bereavement professionals, and spiritual caregivers/chaplains.
- Applicable Medicare regulations and guidance
- List of potential roles for community professionals as volunteers
- Sample position descriptions, training curricula, program descriptions, evaluation criteria, etc.
- Discussion guide to increase staff/leadership buy-in
- Handout with lecture notes
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar