Date/Time: 09/03/2020, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Are you fully utilizing hospice volunteers or are they just helping meet the 5%? Learn to create an inclusive and highly receptive program for both volunteers and staff. Ensure volunteers are being appreciated and developed to their full potential.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe a high-functioning, volunteer-receptive organization
- List four dynamics that contribute to staff apathy and reluctance to volunteer use and involvement
- Discuss three methods that increase leadership and staff receptiveness
- Effectively utilize assessment methods, staff members, and volunteers
- Identify eight appealing, creative uses for volunteers that are beneficial to staff
Volunteer managers must proactively create a receptive, inclusive volunteer program to promote and acknowledge the significance of their work. Many times, you’ll hear, “We love our volunteers.” or “Our volunteers are the best.” Simple statements alone don’t reflect adequate recognition or their full potential. In addition, finding busywork for volunteers to meet the 5% is counterproductive to the true spirit of volunteer inclusion in high-quality hospice care. This webinar will explore many ways managers can create an organization that not only invites volunteer involvement but also fully appreciates the value of their work.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
While this informative session is designed for volunteer managers, IDT members and leadership will also benefit.
- Assessment tools for staff and volunteers
- Staff questionnaire
- Program improvement checklist
- Restructuring guide
- Position descriptions for creative programming and services
- Resources for creating a receptive volunteer program
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- List of references and additional learning opportunities