Date/Time: 06/08/2023, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Are you a new volunteer manager?
Do you feel overwhelmed? You are not alone. Due to staffing shortages and time constraints, new managers do not always receive enough training. This webinar will help you understand your specific role, learn to prioritize, overcome common challenges, and explore creative ways to recruit, retain, and use volunteers.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the comprehensive volunteer manager’s role
- List a volunteer manager’s top five priorities
- Recognize five key skills necessary to work effectively as a hospice volunteer manager
- Explain the importance of prioritizing needs related to recruiting, assigning, and program expansion
- Describe five common challenges and pitfalls related to managing volunteers
- Apply new skills to challenging situations managers frequently encounter
“Here is your desk, now go manage volunteers.” Many hospice volunteer manager careers begin this way. What is expected of me? What are my responsibilities? How do I know if I am doing a good job? What are my goals? These are commonly asked volunteer manager questions, and this informative webinar will answer them all by taking a deep dive into the role and responsibilities of the volunteer manager. The webinar will also focus on beginning a three-month, six-month, and one-year volunteer program plan. This exercise will conclude at the end of this three-part series.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The New Volunteer Manager Training Series
is designed for new hospice volunteer managers, anyone who wants to know more about volunteerism, senior leadership, and those with volunteer management oversight.
- Prioritization exercise
- Self-assessment exercise
- Organization assessment exercise
- Sample job descriptions with key roles and responsibilities
- Volunteer program assessment exercise
- Assigning procedures guide
- Extensive handout with lecture notes and additional learning opportunities
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.