Date/Time: 08/10/2023, 12:00 pm
Enhance your understanding of the vital role social workers play in hospice care, including their contribution to pain and symptom management, emotional distress counseling, and compliance with Medicare regulations.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary models of care
- Recognize the critical role of social workers on the interdisciplinary team
- List four common challenges social workers face in today’s hospice environment
- Apply solutions to situational examples
- Identify the Medicare regulations that apply to hospice social workers
- Utilize the biopsychosocial model of care as a guide to specific challenges
Do social workers play a prominent role in addressing pain and symptom management in your hospice? Do they regularly provide counseling for situations involving emotional distress and suicidal ideation utilizing specific theoretical frameworks? The role of the hospice social worker is comprehensive, and their work should always be informed by the most recent research and preferred practice standards. This webinar will delineate the work of the hospice social worker and link what they do to regulations and national standards.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed primarily for hospice social workers. Leadership, management, and other team members will also benefit by learning about the social worker’s role in providing exceptional care.
- Individual social worker assessment exercise to determine strengths and weaknesses
- Organization assessment exercise
- Guide demonstrating specific techniques and interventions
- Sample policy to assist social workers and teams work through challenging situations
- List of Medicare regulations for social workers
- Handout with additional lecture notes and learning opportunities
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar