Date/Time: 12/08/2022, 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Medical reviews are increasing across the nation.
Preparation is mission-critical for accurate documentation and successful audits. Understanding the process can reduce claim denials and appeals with Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE) and ensure your hospice is equipped to handle a Medicare review.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define Targeted Probe and Educate
- Identify Medicare review contractors and their typical focus
- Review the top five denial reasons for TPE
- Recognize charting issues that cause denials and how to prevent them
- Outline an orderly process for compiling a chart for reviewers
Take a walk down the winding road of Medicare scrutiny. This program will focus on Targeted Probe and Educate and how to respond to any level of medical review, including UPIC, RA, and SMRC. Denials are mostly even across all medical review contractors – learn how to avoid them! Don’t get complacent and believe your organization is safe because it hasn’t received a denial or survey deficiency yet. This timely webinar will help hospice agencies ensure documentation is accurate, meets the requirements, and can withstand medical review scrutiny.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for administrators, medical directors, clinical field staff and managers, QAPI personnel, operations staff, and the revenue cycle team.
- Audit tool for preparing a chart for medical review submission
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions