Date/Time: 06/04/2020, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Can you provide quality care while speaking openly about your beliefs? Learn when it’s appropriate to talk about personal beliefs and how doing so properly can create better boundaries with patients and colleagues.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Confidently handle four situations where religious and political topics may arise
- Understand how and why conversations on these topics can interfere with quality patient and family care
- Describe two situations where skillfully discussing these topics (within professional boundaries) can promote quality care
- Explain three key concepts for framing a professional conversation surrounding politics and religion
What are your top priorities when caring for seriously ill people? Is it to provide high-quality patient and family care? Can this be achieved even when challenging topics arise? This webinar will review common situations when it is and isn’t appropriate to discuss personal beliefs, including religion and politics, and how to do so within professional constraints. Learn skills and interventions that create professional boundaries and how to create the best environment for high-quality care through communication – both at the bedside and in the office.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative and challenging webinar is designed for all staff and team members including managers, IDG team members, social workers, nurses, bereavement staff, hospice volunteers, and anyone involved in patient care.
- Handout with lecture notes that include:
- Discussion guides for staff and volunteers, including guidelines for presenters
- Exercises with possible scenarios, including methods and interventions
- Additional resources on specific interventions and techniques
- Interactive quiz
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.