Date/Time: 06/13/2023, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Is a community-based palliative care (CBPC) program right for your agency?
The first steps are determining the need and if it’s financially feasible. This jam-packed webinar will walk through the planning process, from the initial research to payment models and clinical considerations. Learn how to write a palliative care strategic plan with confidence.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Follow the National Consensus Project’s Clinical Practice Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care publication when strategically planning a CBPC program
- Understand the costs required to become financially viable and sustainable
- Research potential partners for your community-based palliative care program
- Consider the operational and clinical implications
- Explain the benefits of palliative care accreditation
- Explore payment models and reimbursement opportunities for palliative care
Palliative care can be delivered in a variety of settings and treatments to help alleviate the chronic pain, symptoms, and side effects of illnesses. It is crucial to know palliative care is not the same as hospice treatment, and that it can be offered at diagnosis, during curative treatment, and at the end of life. Palliative care is covered through a variety of plans and models. The healthcare industry anticipates that Medicare may soon cover palliative care as well. Part 1 of the Palliative Care Program Package
will examine the elements to consider for a CBPC program. It will review clinical and operational cost considerations, practice guidelines, the benefits of accreditation, and contracting. It will also detail how to create an effective strategic plan while considering all components of a successful CBPC program.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for organizations considering implementation of a community-based palliative care program. Owners, CEOs, governing bodies, board members, CFOs, DOPCSs, clinical supervisors, business development teams, billing staff, intake personnel, medical directors, palliative care certified staff, NPs, PAs, nursing staff, and social service support teams are encouraged to attend.
- Valuable resource links, including:
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care 4th Edition
- A Practical Guide to Implementing a Home-Based Palliative Care Program
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.