Date/Time: 12/06/2018, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday, December 6, 2018
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Hospice and home care team members increasingly use smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices for work and personal business. Mobile devices, whether personally or employer-owned, increase HIPAA, EPHI, legal, security, privacy, and productivity risks. Risk management best practices include adopting Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and Company-Owned Personally Engaged (COPE) policies, supported by employee education and technology tools.
This program will review mobile device risks facing hospice and home care providers and how best-practices-based rules, policies, and procedures can help reduce the likelihood of legal, HIPAA, and EPHI disasters. Learn why and how to develop and implement a strategic mobile device policy program, combining written rules, employee training, and technology tools. Don’t let smartphone slip-ups and mobile missteps jeopardize electronic medical records, blemish your reputation, or trigger lawsuits. Attend this webinar to minimize mobile risks, while maximizing compliance and enhancing communication.
- Managing mobile device risks and compliance with best-practices-based policy
- Writing and implementing effective BYOD and COPE policies
- Safeguarding EPHI and business records on personal and employer-owned mobile devices
- Communicating clearly, compliantly, and effectively, internally and externally via mobile devices
- Choosing the right communication channel and tone to communicate business
- Preserving, protecting, and producing records created and transmitted on mobile devices
- Anticipating and preventing mobile risks
- Best practices to ensure legal, regulatory, and organizational compliance
- Instituting content rules to enhance mobile communication and compliance
- Enforcing personal use rules to minimize risks and maximize productivity
- Applying the 3Es of mobile compliance management
- E-discovery: courts demand prompt production of electronic evidence, including text messages
- Electronic evidence: how to ensure electronic records are legally valid
- Real-life disaster stories: costly consequences of texting and record mismanagement
- Monitoring: reconciling privacy expectations with legal realities
- Tips, tools, and best practices for compliant mobile device use
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Mobile Device Rules: Guidelines for Creating Effective Mobile Device Policy
- Sample mobile device policy
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is for human resources personnel, legal staff, compliance managers, IT staff, privacy officers, directors, administrators, employees responsible for mobile device policy, HIPAA compliance, EPHI, or business records, and anyone communicating via mobile device.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.