Date/Time: 03/22/2023, 12:00 pm
As the march toward nationwide legalization continues, you can’t afford to ignore cannabis compliance.
Is your agency prepared to manage legal marijuana use by remote, hybrid, and onsite employees? Has your state’s medical marijuana program (MMP) authorized you to administer cannabis to patients? Effective marijuana policy and procedures are at the heart of workplace cannabis management. What’s your policy? Do you have one?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Manage employees’ marijuana use at home, at patients’ homes, and in the office
- Administer cannabis to patients in compliance with your state medical marijuana program (MMP)
- Create and enforce best practices-based marijuana policy and procedures
- Comply with federal and state laws governing medical and recreational use
- Accommodate medical use to stave off discrimination lawsuits
- Take a measured approach to testing – or risk losing valuable staff
- Weigh zero-tolerance policies versus turning a blind eye
- Comply with ADA, FMLA, workers’ compensation, and the Drug-Free Workplace Act
- Recognize and respond to suspected impairment on the job
- Manage employee expectations, productivity, and safety
- Keep pace with evolving marijuana legislation and case law, including delta-8 THC
While marijuana use remains illegal on the federal level, states are swiftly legalizing medical and recreational use. Regardless of your state’s policy, now is the time for employers to address the risks and challenges posed by employee and patient marijuana use.
This webinar is designed to help organizations understand, prepare for, and compliantly manage employee marijuana use at home, at patients’ homes, and in the office. Learn why and how to implement best practices-based marijuana policy to communicate rules, manage expectations, support productivity, ensure safety, and comply with federal and state laws. Attend this program to learn the ABCs of evolving laws and effective marijuana policy for employees and patients. Please note this webinar will cover content at a national level and provide resources to find state-specific information.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for human resources professionals, administrators, managers, executives, training managers, compliance officers, and legal professionals. Anyone responsible for writing, implementing, and enforcing marijuana policy and legal compliance will benefit.
- Marijuana Policy & Best Practices: Handling Employee Medical & Recreational Use
- Guidelines for Creating Effective Cannabis Policy & Procedures
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
THE EPOLICY INSTITUTE™, BUSINESS WRITING INSTITUTE™ & MARIJUANA POLICY INSTITUTE™