Live Discharges: How, When & Why Part 1: Measuring, Monitoring, Guidelines & Regulations
Date/Time: 08/01/2023, 12:00 am
Part 1 of this two-part package will address measuring, monitoring, guidelines, and regulations related to all five types of hospice live discharges.
- Define the five allowable types of live discharges per the Conditions of Participation (CoPs)
- Utilize best practices for live discharges
- Understand the importance of monitoring, measuring, and benchmarking live discharges
- Recognize the warning signs of problematic discharges and know how to avoid them
Part 1 will review the five types of allowable live discharges, how to proceed with each, the required documentation, and best practices to avoid problematic discharges. This program will evaluate the use of monitoring tools and reports for benchmarking and measuring compliance to prevent unwanted scrutiny. Learn best practices for live discharges, including working with frontline staff on hospice eligibility, which impacts live discharge statistics.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Hospice PEPPER User’s Guide: Twelfth Edition
- Valuable links to websites and additional tools, including:
- Hospice Medicare Billing Codes Sheet
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar