LGBTQ+ Inclusivity: Removing Obstacles & Providing High-Level Care
Date/Time: 05/05/2022, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The goal of this training will be to focus on LGBTQ+ inclusivity and the provision of high-level hospice and palliative care.
You will learn how to assess your organization and team to ensure you are encouraging inclusivity and have trained staff to provide exceptional care to the LGBTQ+ community.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify four obstacles that present unique challenges for members of the “LGB” community
- Recognize four situations that present unique challenges for members of the “TQ+” community
- Differentiate between dynamics related to seniors versus younger LGBTQ+ people
- Assess and increase your organization’s inclusivity by addressing potential issues
- Provide higher levels of care to the LGBTQ+ community by assessing individual and team obstacles
- Discuss three methods to address organizational, team, and individual hurdles
Fear of discrimination and previous negative experiences are potential obstacles when caring for LGBTQ+ community members. Additional issues may be systemic within the organization, such as non-inclusive information, resources and processes, unprepared staff/volunteers, and team members who may be biased or the wrong fit for the situation. This webinar will focus on resolving inclusivity obstacles in hospice and palliative care environments.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice and palliative care leaders and managers, but all team members will benefit from learning about this important, timely topic.
- Organizational assessment to determine strengths and areas of improvement related to caring for members of the LGBTQ+ community
- Team and individual assessment exercises
- Suggested training curriculum for staff and volunteers
- Organizational checklist for areas of concern
- Valuable resource links
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar