Date/Time: 05/10/2023, 12:00 am
Survey readiness includes having a comprehensive surveillance program for infection control and prevention.
Does yours need an upgrade? Do you even have one in place? This jam-packed webinar will help with implementation and program improvement.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify key elements of an effective infection control and prevention program
- Establish and implement a comprehensive surveillance program
- Determine which assessment tools to incorporate into your surveillance program
- Explain the importance of hand hygiene and how it impacts infection control
- Integrate infection control surveillance data into your QAPI report
Infection control and prevention are critical aspects of delivering quality care. In an environment of value-based care where rehospitalization rates matter, it is essential for healthcare agencies to integrate comprehensive surveillance within the infection control and prevention program. As the public health emergency ends, it is critical to implement a thorough program for survey readiness. This webinar will cover the requirements, the process, trends, data and observations to monitor, and what to implement for patients and staff. Participants will learn how to integrate that data into their agency’s QAPI program and will receive a sample infection control template.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is for administrators, directors, clinical leaders, and managers with a focus on quality assurance and education. Medical directors, IT staff, clinical liaisons, and anyone supporting the infection preventionist staff or working within skilled-nursing facilities will also benefit.
- Infection Control Assessment and Response (ICAR) Tool for General Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Across Settings (Long-Term Care and Outpatient/Ambulatory Care)
- Valuable resource links including:
- A Guide to Building a High-Performing and Resilient Infection Prevention & Control Program
- Infection Prevention and Control Action Plan template
- World Health Organization: Your 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar