How to Avoid the Top Five Survey Deficiencies & Denials
Date/Time: 07/27/2021, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
A bad survey can create numerous problems for a provider, from disrupting a plan of correction to potential termination of Medicare provider agreement and/or license. This webinar will cover the top five denials and deficiencies to keep your agency running smoothly!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- List the current Medicare Medical Review Contractors for hospice
- Discuss the top five denial reasons for Medicare Medical Review
- Outline the top five survey deficiencies and the corresponding tags
- Analyze the internal quality review processes that can assist in avoiding deficiencies
- Detail specific Medicare requirements in documentation that will avoid denials
- Review crosswalk between denials and deficiencies
This session will cover the top five survey deficiencies, the top five medical review denials, and how to avoid both of them. Survey deficiencies may differ from medical review denials, but each are extremely important. This webinar will review not only what the deficiency or denial is defined as but also the documentation that is REQUIRED in the chart in order to avoid the deficiency or denial.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for quality review staff, clinicians, administrators, directors, and billers.
- Survey Deficiencies Crosswalk
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions