How HIPAA Impacts Email & Text Messaging: Communication Compliance for Healthcare Providers
Date/Time: 11/09/2021, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Get a comprehensive look at how HIPAA compliance affects emailing and texting. Learn how to avoid the related risks, follow the rules, and implement best practices.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Comply with HIPAA’s privacy and security rules regarding emails and texts
- Minimize HIPAA compliance risks triggered by mobile device use
- Manage patient records and rights when communicating electronically
- Protect confidential information acquired, used, and transmitted via email and text message
- Create best-practices-based policies and legally defensible procedures governing emails and texts
- Enforce email rules among onsite and remote employees
- Benefit from expert advice and compliance tips
Hospices and home care companies may communicate with and about patients via email and text, provided HIPAA’s privacy and security rules are followed. Noncompliance can result in regulatory fines, compromised EPHI, lawsuits, and lost revenue. Are you confident your organization is lawfully using emails and texts to communicate with patients and peers? Do you manage confidential and sensitive information in compliance with HIPAA’s content rules and state record retention laws? Do staff adhere to email and text rules when working from home? Have you implemented policies, procedures, and training to ensure compliant handling of email and text messages by employees and business associates? This webinar will provide a sample Confidential and Sensitive Information Policy, Record Retention Guidelines, and other tools and strategies designed to create a HIPAA-compliant electronic communications program.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for compliance officers, lawyers, records managers, information governance professionals, IT, human resources staff, privacy officers, directors, and administrators. Anyone who communicates via email and text will benefit.
- Sample Confidential & Sensitive Information Policy for the Healthcare Industry
- Whitepaper: Record Retention Rules for the Healthcare Industry
- Record Retention Guidelines for the Healthcare Industry
- PDF of slides and the speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions