Date/Time: 10/04/2018, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday, October 4, 2018
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
CMS has slowed its push to expand the hospice quality reporting program and its path to hospice payment reform. Even though the FY2019 Hospice Wage Index and Payment Rate Update and Hospice Quality Reporting Requirements, also known as “the Hospice Rule,” were fairly light, there were many comments from CMS that imply potential plans.
This webinar will delve into the FY2019 Hospice Final Rule, recent Hospice Rules, CMS and MedPAC comments, and recent outside activities that impact hospice payments and quality reporting. Join us for insight and analysis into the future of hospice. The standardized assessment tool, HEART, hospice payment data, and CMS’s focus will also be addressed.
- CMS hospice cost data and payment implications
- Explanation of the slowdown in expanding the hospice quality reporting program
- Evaluation of activities to align hospices with post-acute care providers
- Non-hospice payment changes that will impact hospices, such as a hospital transfer policy for early discharge to hospice care or physician payment changes
- CMS’s continuing concerns and analysis of hospice data gathered/shared by CMS, MedPAC, and others
- Data available to hospice providers for strategic planning
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- List of hospice resources
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is best suited for executives, governing body members, administrative staff, quality and financial directors, managers, and coordinators.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.