Hospice Social Worker & Spiritual Caregiver Compliance
Date/Time: 03/14/2023, 12:00 pm
Improve your hospice agency’s quality reporting scores and patient experience through social worker and spiritual caregiving.
With an increase in hospice oversight, documentation of social workers and spiritual caregivers is critical to supporting eligibility. This webinar will cover social work and spiritual care regulations, levels of licensing, assessment guidance, documentation, and how to stay involved when visits are refused.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand Medicare hospice eligibility requirements
- Explain how social workers and spiritual caregivers support eligibility through documentation and IDT participation
- Discuss the impact social work has on the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP)
- Define the four levels of care, requirements, and supporting documentation
Listen to Kathy break down the key takeaways of this new series:
The social worker and spiritual caregivers’ critical roles are core to the hospice team and benefits. When it comes to supporting Medicare eligibility, these roles are often underutilized, misunderstood, and misguided. This webinar will cover the regulations and the Conditions of Participation service responsibilities of social work and spiritual caregiving. The program will discuss assessment best practices, how to support initial and ongoing eligibility through documentation (including how to develop and update the plan of care), and IDT participation. Dive into the challenges that social workers and spiritual caregivers face and discuss solutions.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executive hospice leadership, COOs, CEOs, CFOs, board members, nursing leadership, clinical supervisors, LCSWs, MSWs, chaplains, spiritual caregivers, bereavement managers, RN coordinators, case managers, admission and intake nurses, quality assurance staff, and all new clinical staff needing support with eligibility, documentation, and onboarding.
- Initial competency assessment skills checklist – social worker
- Medical social worker/social work associate job description
- List of weblinks and resources including:
- Social Work Assessment Tool (SWAT)
- Social Work Assessment Notes (SWAN)
- Whole Health: Change the Conversation
- Spiritual assessment tools
- Creating an Effective Hospice Plan of Care
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar