Date/Time: 10/12/2022, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Whether you are new to hospice management, desire a brush-up, or want a better understanding of the manager’s role, this webinar series is for you.
Part 1 will focus heavily on regulations and compliance as more medical audit reviews are on the horizon for agencies. Build a strong foundation to lead your team forward and avoid audit scrutiny.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define a hospice manager/supervisor’s role in supporting compliance and regulatory processes
- Explain the manager’s role within the emergency preparedness plan and program
- Detail how the use of LCDs and clinical guidelines help determine and continually support eligibility
- Discuss how quality reporting impacts your agency
- Identify the differences in state, federal, and accrediting-organization guidelines
The Hospice Management Training Series takes a deep dive into the critical aspects of what all hospice managers/supervisors need to know. This webinar series will focus on essential areas and aspects to mentor and improve hospice leaders.
Part 1 will focus on compliance and regulatory issues currently impacting hospice. Common documentation challenges will be presented, along with tools to support your team with hospice eligibility. It will address the hospice process, Conditions of Participation (CoPs) updates, QAPI responsibilities, and emergency management. In addition, the speaker will provide answers to frequently asked questions managers receive to help “chart the course.” This webinar will serve as the crib notes version of what managers need to know to do their jobs regarding CoPs, emergency preparedness, and QAPI.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new and middle managers, as well as manager trainees and trainers. Hospice business owners, leadership teams, DOPCSs, clinical supervisors, directors of nursing, frontline supervisors, human resources personnel, board members, administrators, assistant administrators, business development staff, operations managers, CFOs, and COOs will also benefit from attending.
- Medicare Hospice Local Coverage Determination
- Weblinks to valuable sites and tools including:
- CHAP: Top 10 Hospice Deficiencies
- Creating An Effective Hospice Plan of Care
- Hospice Documentation Audit Tool
- Suggestions for Improved Documentation to Support Medicare Hospice Services
- Medical Center Hazard and Vulnerability Analysis
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar