Date/Time: 04/06/2017, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday, April 6, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
“If it wasn’t documented, it wasn’t done!” “If it isn’t documented, the claim will not be paid.” As clinicians, how many times have we heard these true, yet frustrating statements? Does your patient documentation include enough detail to withstand reviewer scrutiny? Are you at risk for reimbursement payback for noncompliance?
In today’s hospice care environment, providers are challenged to provide excellent patient care that is balanced with regulatory compliance. As regulatory audits are heating up, quality and comprehensive documentation are the keys to survival. This presentation about documenting hospice care will identify risk areas as well as strategies for improving documentation quality for regulatory compliance.
- Identify at least three government audit entities scrutinizing hospice documentation and the current areas of focus
- How the quality and completeness of documentation impacts compliance audits
- Standardized documentation practices that can provide the foundation for hospice eligibility documentation
- Examples of measurable hospice documentation as required for hospice levels of care
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Clinical factors to consider during recertification of Medicare hospice patients
- Suggestions for improved documentation to support Medicare hospice services
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice CEOs, administrators, CFOs, compliance officers, clinical directors, and quality improvement staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER