Date/Time: 02/13/2020, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
This training serves as a foundation for new staff and a refresher for seasoned team members striving for agency excellence and compliance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify who is eligible for the hospice Medicare benefit
- Define what documentation is required and why it is necessary to support eligible hospice admissions and the four levels of care
- List the goals of hospice care
- Use CMS Conditions of Participation to identify core hospice services
- Recognize what is and is not covered under the hospice benefit
- Understand the benefit of using LCDs when documenting for greater accuracy
- Describe how your professional role supports hospice philosophies and services
Potential increase in hospice care and Medicare’s focus on value open the door to further CMS scrutiny. It is critical that all agency staff clearly understand the Medicare hospice benefit, hospice philosophy and goals, who is eligible, required documentation to support admission, and the four levels of care.
This webinar will address the required hospice admission paperwork and certification process and explain how to prevent Medicare audits, payment denials, and inappropriate admissions that can trigger CMS oversight. Learn how to set up potential admissions, clinical teams, and remain compliant and under the radar. Discover the focus of ADRs and what to avoid. This webinar serves as training for new hospice staff and as a beneficial review for seasoned employees, resulting in improved agency compliance and reimbursement.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training will benefit new and experienced hospice staff, board members, quality and compliance staff, DOPCS personnel, admission team nurses, clinical managers, intake staff, liaisons, marketing/business development staff, and home health administrators interested in adding a hospice agency to their service and care continuum.
- Website links regarding:
- Medicare hospice benefit
- CMS – and how hospice is covered
- Role of the various hospice nurses
- Organizations that provide downloadable tools, checklists, and grids to help support the hospice Medicare benefit and admission
- FAQs handout for caregivers about the hospice benefit
- Fact sheet on hospice CASPER reporting
- GIP (general inpatient) audit tool
- Interactive quiz
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.