Handling Employee Medical & Recreational Marijuana Use – At Work & Home
Date/Time: 05/11/2022, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
As the march toward nationwide legalization continues, you can’t afford to leave cannabis compliance to chance.
Is your organization prepared to manage employees using legalized marijuana? With so many people working from home, employers are increasingly challenged by managing medical and recreational marijuana use.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Manage employee marijuana use at home, at patients’ homes, and in the office
- Create and enforce best-practices-based marijuana policies and procedures
- Comply with federal and state laws governing medical and recreational use
- Accommodate medical use to stave off discrimination lawsuits
- Take a measured approach to testing – or risk losing valuable staff
- Weigh zero-tolerance policies versus turning a blind eye
- Comply with ADA, FMLA, Workers’ Comp, and the Drug-Free Workplace Act
- Recognize and respond to suspected impairment on the job
- Manage employee expectations, productivity, and safety
- Keep pace with evolving marijuana legislation, case law, and regulations
While marijuana use remains illegal on the federal level, states are swiftly legalizing medical and recreational use. Regardless of where your state stands, now is the time for employers to address the risks and challenges posed by marijuana use in the workplace. Effective marijuana policy and procedures are at the heart of workplace cannabis management.
This webinar is designed to help organizations understand, prepare for, and compliantly manage marijuana use at home, at patients’ homes, and in the office. Join us to gain an understanding of policy-related issues and procedures for work-from-home and onsite staff. Learn why and how to implement best-practices-based marijuana policy to communicate rules, manage expectations, support productivity, ensure safety, and comply with federal and state laws. Attend this program to learn the ABCs of evolving laws and effective marijuana policy and procedures for all employees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for anyone responsible for writing, implementing, and enforcing marijuana policy, including human resources personnel, administrators, managers, executives, training managers, compliance officers, and legal professionals.
- Marijuana Policy & Best Practices: Handling Employee Medical & Recreational Use
- Legalized marijuana resource list and links
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar