Get Volunteers Back on Track Series: Looking Closely at “What Counts” Towards the Volunteer 5%
Date/Time: 12/01/2021, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Understanding what counts toward the 5% volunteer requirement and how it is calculated is crucial to running a high-functioning program. This webinar will help you get back on track with meeting the 5% and even explain how to exceed it!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Delineate Medicare regulations and references specific to the 5% requirement
- Explain the spirit of the law versus the letter of the law
- Distinguish between the bedside-care intent versus counting all volunteer hours
- Discuss the guiding theme “If we count it for volunteers, we must count it for staff”
- List five ways to navigate policies and systems that are obstacles to easily meeting and exceeding the 5% requirement
The age-old question…what counts? This is a question many of us hear on a regular basis. While many of the specifics are clear cut, others are a bit vague. This webinar will look closely at the Medicare Condition of Participation related to the 5% volunteer requirement. How is it calculated? What staff hours do we include? What volunteer hours can we include? Ensure your agency not only meets but exceeds this 5%!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for volunteer managers, hospice leadership, and volunteers serving as office assistants.
- Tools to assess your current status
- Checklist to keep you on track
- Itemized list of requirements
- List of suggestions to move beyond the 5%
- Handouts with additional lecture notes
- List of references and additional learning opportunities
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions