Date/Time: 02/27/2020, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Learn how to elevate your agency’s level of care and understanding for members of the LGBTQ community and their families.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between sex, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation
- Define relevant terminology and abbreviations
- List five key requirements for an LGBTQ inclusive organization
- Explain three dynamics that lead the LGBTQ community (especially seniors) to distrust healthcare professionals
- List four relevant ethical and legal challenges
- Discuss the balance between personal beliefs and compassionate care for all
Healthcare disparities faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning members of the LGBTQ community occur frequently. Individuals and families, especially during end-of-life care, should not face discrimination or be responsible for educating your staff and volunteers. Would an LGBTQ person reviewing your website and marketing materials feel comfortable and welcomed? This webinar is about elevating the level of care and inclusion for members of the LGBTQ population. It will provide the information and tools necessary for agencies to create and maintain a caring and inclusive program. Ensure your organization is well positioned to accept LGBTQ patients and families and understands the skills/interventions to improve bedside care.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All team and staff members will benefit from this webinar, including leadership, IDT members, and volunteers.
- Language and examples to use in policies, procedures, and marketing materials
- Sample curriculum outline for staff/volunteer orientation and ongoing training
- Checklist to assist in conducting an organization wide assessment
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- Extensive list of resources at the end of the handout and additional resources about specific topics
- Interactive quiz
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTERS