Date/Time: 10/24/2019, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Regulations regarding spiritual caregivers and social workers can be vague, but they offer the opportunity to comply with the “spirit of the law” to help us define excellence in the way psychosocial/spiritual suffering is addressed. This webinar will cover social work and spiritual care related regulations, levels of licensing, assessment guidance, documentation, and how to stay involved when visits are refused.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Top FAQs about social worker and chaplain compliance, including licensing, supervision, assessment, telephone calls, and documentation
- Methods to stay involved with patients/families when they refuse visits
- Assist in interpreting the “spirit of the law” regarding Medicare regulations and assumptions
- Ways to maximize the full potential of social workers and chaplains
- Time allotted for your specific questions and concerns
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample policies that assist in meeting the regulations
- List of common compliance topics with suggested responses
- Orientation outline to better prepare new social workers and chaplains
- Extensive handout with additional resources regarding main topics
- List of resources for additional information
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
While this webinar is designed for social workers and chaplains, team leaders, managers, senior leadership, and others will benefit from learning more about compliance as it applies to these two disciplines.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.