Date/Time: 09/22/2022, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Chaplains are integral members of the hospice team.
Ensure everyone understands their role and responsibilities by taking a comprehensive look at how they help plan, assess, and care for people’s spiritual needs during the end-of-life journey.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the terms hospice chaplain and spiritual distress
- Explore common misperceptions about a chaplain’s role on the team
- Discuss the Medicare requirement for providing spiritual counseling
- List qualifications for chaplains and for the provision of spiritual counseling
- Describe one process to move beyond spiritual support to more skillful approaches and interventions
“What is a hospice chaplain and what do they do?” Imagine asking hospice workers across the nation that question. How would people respond, and would their responses be similar? There is a wide range of notions about what chaplains do and how they achieve their goals. This webinar will explore the role of the chaplain as a member of the interdisciplinary team and focus on the skills needed to address spiritual distress and high-level dynamics and situations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for hospice chaplains, their supervisors, and members of the senior leadership team.
- Organization and self-assessment exercise
- Discussion guide to use with fellow team members
- List of key roles and responsibilities
- Extensive handout with lecture notes and resources
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar