A Comprehensive Look Part 1: The Role of the Hospice Social Worker
Date/Time: 09/01/2022, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Do your social workers have a strong foundation?
Now is a great time to take a comprehensive look at their roles and responsibilities. Clarify the confusion and learn what it means to provide high-level psychosocial end-of-life care.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- List five major goals for a hospice or palliative care social worker and five advanced social worker responsibilities
- Discuss the importance of moving from providing emotional support to more skillful interventions
- Define counseling as it applies to the role of a social worker
- Outline two task-prioritization methods
- Describe three common obstacles that interfere with goal achievement
- Explain the importance of boundaries within challenging situations
“What does a hospice or palliative care social worker do?” This webinar will answer that question in detail as it applies to a social worker’s role on the interdisciplinary team. Learn how to differentiate between end-of-life care practices and other social work approaches. In addition, this program will explore common obstacles that can interfere with social workers’ work and how to address each problem.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for hospice and palliative care social workers, their supervisors, and senior leadership team members.
- Organization and self-assessment exercises
- Discussion guide to use with fellow team members
- List of key roles and responsibilities
- Extensive handout with lecture notes and resources
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.