Date/Time: 03/05/2024, 12:00 pm
How do potential clients choose between hospices?
One way is to review the publicly reported Hospice Care Index, which allows people to make an informed decision regarding which agency can meet their needs. What’s your agency’s score? Is there room for improvement? This webinar will teach you about the 10 quality indicators and best practices.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Name the Hospice Care Index (HCI) indicators
- Understand how to read the HCI report
- Explain how to use the HCI report in developing a performance improvement plan
- Identify best practices for HCI improvement
CMS established the Hospice Care Index as part of the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP). It is claims-driven, covers care practices, and is designed to evaluate process measures across the hospice stay. This publicly reported score provides patients, families, caregivers, and referral sources with a tool to make informed decisions regarding care providers.
This webinar will identify the
10 quality indicators, review the HCI report, and provide scenarios and best practices that can be used in developing your agency’s performance improvement plan.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit senior leaders, managers, and QAPI staff.
- Sample performance improvement plan template
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.