Date/Time: 02/22/2024, 12:00 pm
Additional documentation medical review audits (ADRs), TPE, and Medicare oversight continue.
Not only are these audits ongoing, but they are also increasing, especially in certain states. It’s no longer a matter of if your agency will face an ADR, but when.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe the process of responding to an ADR submission
- Identify agency responsibilities for an ADR compliant submission
- Use recommended best practices for a submission
- Name three key first steps when receiving an ADR submission request
- Know the levels of Medicare appeals and timelines involved
Medical audit reviews and oversight are on the rise and all agency staff should have a working knowledge of this process. This presentation will be your “how-to” guide on responding to an ADR. It will review the process, beginning with receiving the letter and the initial, critical first steps. Those initial key steps lay the groundwork for how well submission will go. The program will review best practices on managing the process from start to finish, including what/how to submit documentation for easy auditing. The more organized you are the better, if additional follow-up is required.
This presentation will go through some of the tough questions to consider before starting the submission process. Can you handle this process internally? Do you need outside assistance? When should legal guidance be sought? Start 2024 off right with understanding the ADR submission process. There’s nothing to fear and everything to gain.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is great information for all agency personnel, including board members, administration personnel, finance staff, executive management, clinical management and supervisors, QAPI staff, medical directors, liaisons, clinical staff, and intake and medical records personnel.
- 5 levels of appeals in fee-for-service
- NGS hospice documentation checklist
- Links to:
- Prepayment medical review additional development request (MR ADR) quick resource tool
- Medical review additional development request (MR ADR) quick resource tool
- Postpayment medical review additional development request (MR ADR) quick resource tool
- ADR letter example
- Hospice documentation checklist
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.