Type of position: Director (Non-clinical), Leadership
Date Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014
Hospice Program: Covenant Hospice, Inc.
Location: Pensacola, FL
The Director of Decision Support plays an integral role in assisting the management team in the development, implementing and monitoring of strategic initiatives. The Director will collaborate closely with the management team by providing objective data and analysis that enables leadership to surface issues, make informed decisions and achieve strategic goals.
In addition, the Director measures strategic performance and targets and communicates routinely to management. The Director will oversee all decision support and measurement work group functions. Responsibilities include a broad range of activities centered on the operational and planning needs of the strategic planning and decision support departments, such as recruiting, training and evaluating personnel and participating in the development of operating and capital budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Seven to ten years of progressively responsible health care financial management experience, preferably in a post-acute care setting.
- Must possess the written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with a diverse group of internal and external contacts.
- Numerical and advanced analytical ability is required to analyze problems and develop accounting systems
- Must possess an advanced understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) with an emphasis on Microsoft SQL.
- Must also possess the ability to aggregate data from multiple sources and enterprise applications to be used for the writing of reports.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office applications focusing on Excel and Access.
- Must display an aptitude for attaining sufficient knowledge in all Covenant Hospice Enterprise Applications.
- Familiar with Hospice concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance.
Apply online at http://www.covenanthospice.org/join-our-team-Careers-at-Covenant
Type of position: Director (Non-clinical), Leadership, Marketing, Professional Relations
Date Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014
Hospice Program: Treasure Coast Hospice
Location: Stuart, Florida
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field required. Master’s degree desirable. Three years’ experience in professional healthcare marketing and referral development establishing relationships with healthcare providers in our service area. One year of business development management experience. Hospice and/or direct clinical license/experience are highly desirable. Must have written and verbal communication skills, and a proven track record in business development.
- Responsible for overseeing the successful optimization of relationships with physicians, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and hospitals through education initiatives and relationship-building initiatives, to assure access to services for all individuals who meet criteria.
- Actively engages in new business development plans with appropriate stakeholders.
- Supports agency goals in collaboration with Executive, Finance and Clinical Departments through completion of annual strategic business development plans, and regular monitoring/adjustment to assure monthly/annual success.
- Responsible for developing the annual department budget and working within budgetary guidelines throughout the year to accomplish department goals and objectives in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Secure, maintain and nurture a highly competent, motivated and productive team as measured by employee satisfaction survey, completion of CEU requirements and on-going development.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of position: Director (Clinical), Leadership, Nursing
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Hospice Program: Chapters Health System, Inc.
Location: Temple Terrace, FL
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life’s ever-changing landscape. We’ll help you navigate your individual experience – empowering you with more choices, education and guidance for these important chapters of life.
Responsible for all patient care and oversight of community programs related to the interdisciplinary groups in the region. Responsible for ensuring the professional practice and development of all disciplines in area of oversight in collaboration with Corporate Discipline Directors (CDD). Ensures education, staff development, competencies, performance improvement, compliance standards, policies & procedures, orientation and health and safety activities are in place for region of oversight in the program. Leads staff in planning, developing and implementing the region’s short and long term plans to support the Company’s strategic goals. Assures optimum utilization of resources and has ultimate budget responsibility and accountability for direct patient care provided by the patient care teams within region of oversight.
- Current Florida RN license
- Bachelor’s degree required with Masters degree in nursing, pharmacy, business administration, or health care administration strongly preferred
- Five years of progressive management experience with at least two years of Director level experience in a healthcare setting with supervisory, fiscal and operations responsibilities
- Two years hospice, home health experience preferred
- Expertise in regulation interpretation and process
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience in system redesign & integration
- Demonstrated ability in mentoring, individual/group facilitation & motivation
- Experience in fiscal accountability
- Strong goal/outcome orientation
- Excellent customer service focus
- Excellent written and oral communication and conflict resolution skills
- Self-directed work style with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to travel to off-site locations*
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
Learn more and apply online at https://re2o.ultipro.com/LIF1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*0B8AFC399476F2F8