Type of position: Compliance
Date Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015
Hospice Program: Good Shepherd Hospice
Location: Lakeland, FL
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life’s ever-changing landscape.
The Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement/Compliance Specialist oversees the collection and aggregation of performance improvement measurements for all sites within the subsidiary. Analyzes data and outcomes to develop recommendations that improve patient outcomes, maximize resource utilization, and complies with all applicable standards and regulations. Partners with Management in setting and evaluating best practices, ongoing quality and compliance measures, staff orientation and excellence in hospice care. Standardizes processes through effective utilization of measured outcomes. Prepares Board level reports and recommendations for actions to be taken by Management. Provides staff education related to QAPI and Regulatory Standards; coordinates IDG for each subsidiary.
- BSN required, Master’s Degree in healthcare field preferred.
- 2-3 years related experience with knowledge of Quality Assessment & Improvement and Performance. CPHQ certification preferred.
- RN Licensed in State of Florida.
- Strong business foundation with proven analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Demonstrated experience with statistics, data analysis and outcomes management is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize analytical and statistical tools.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply process improvement theory and process mapping.
- Computer knowledgeable and competent with statistical applications and graphics.
- Valid Florida Driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Able to travel.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and exercise a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Able to prioritize multiple job responsibilities and exercise critical thinking skills.
- Satisfactorily completes company competency requirements for this position.
- State and Federal regulation knowledge.
- Joint Commission Home Care Standards.
Our team members thrive in an environment that fosters teamwork and professional growth. Our location offers the perfect Florida lifestyle to promote the ideal work / life balance. We reward each employee’s talent with a competitive salary and outstanding benefits.
To learn more about our opportunities and organization, we invite you to apply online at: