Type of position: Leadership, Management (Clinical), Social Worker
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Hospice Program: Haven Hospice
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Being a Manager of Psychosocial Services at Haven Hospice is Not Just a Job – It is a Calling
At Haven Hospice, our staff members honor life by providing comfort, care and compassion to those we serve. Be the difference in the lives of hospice patients and help provide extraordinary services during a time of extraordinary need.
The Manager of Psychosocial Services is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the organizational standards and service delivery expectations for social work, spiritual care and bereavement programs and services consistent with Haven Hospice policies. The position provides Clinical oversight for Social Workers and Chaplains in conjunction with the respective Patient Care Manager. They are also responsible for oversight and provision of the MSW Development program, LCSW clinical supervision and clinical supervision of interns.
Master’s degree in Social Work with a current and active LCSW required, LCSW supervisory credential preferred.
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in the areas of grief and loss; individual, family and group therapy.
- Minimum of five years related LCSW clinical experience in varied multidisciplinary settings with a minimum of three years LCSW experience supervising others preferably in a hospice setting.
- Demonstrated skill in program development and management; expertise in written and oral communication as well as presentation skills; management and supervision of staff.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and insurance required.
Apply to www.havenhospice.org under the Careers link on our home page.
Type of position: Executive, Leadership, Management (Clinical), Physician
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Hospice Program: Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care
Location: Lake, Sumter, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Hardee, & Highlands Counties
Responsible for the overall medical direction of the care and treatment of patients rendered by the Hospice care teams, and consults and cooperates with patients’ attending physicians. Provides physician direction and guidance to the Hospice program, staff, contractors, and volunteers to ensure the maintenance of quality care for patients and families Provides direct medical care as needed to patients in their homes, nursing homes, and in the hospital.
- Licensed as a physician in the state of Florida.
- Demonstrated knowledge and is licensed/board-certified in primary care, oncology specialty, or other approved medical specialty, having maintained requirements for ongoing certification.
- Maintains active hospital privileges in a hospital within service area of this hospice.
- Ability to make home visits.
- Valid Florida driver’s license with required auto liability insurance.
CORNERSTONE HOSPICE & PALLIATIVE CARE, INC. Administrative offices located at: 2445 Lane Park Road Tavares, FL 32778 Covering Lake/Sumter/Orange/Osceola/Polk/Hardee/Highlands Counties. Cornerstone Hospice is a mission centered organization with a reputation for providing quality care and leading edge services. We are a family-friendly employer, offer very competitive wages & benefits, and a friendly & professional work environment.
Apply online at www.cshopsice.org .
Type of position: Management (Clinical), Physician
Date Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014
Hospice Program: Hospice of Palm Beach County, Hospice of Broward County & Hospice by the Sea (TrustBridge)
Location: Palm Beach County and/or Broward County
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AN UNRIVALED OPPORTUNITY
At South Florida’s most innovative and progressive non-profit hospices
Provide Leading Edge Care in the Field of Serious Illness
We know that our Associate Medical Directors are pivotal in assuring that our patient care and satisfaction remain unmatched. We are looking for doctors who want to practice the highest level of medicine and reap substantial rewards:
- Excellent compensation
- A Comprehensive Benefits Package including malpractice coverage, medical/dental/vision insurance, disability/life insurance, 403b plus defined pension plan, and vacation/sick/CME allowance
- Outstanding vendor packages
- South Florida’s quality of life — No snow shoveling, relaxing ocean beaches and easier commutes
- Support teams for physicians
- Exposure to a broad range of medical specialists and Progressive
With a daily census close to 2000, you will oversee care of a diverse population in the place the patient calls “home” — whether that be a residence, assisted living facility, nursing home, hospital or in one of our own 12 care centers.
We measure ourselves by what we do for these patients we serve, putting their needs above all else. Opening access to a wide range of non-curative treatments like radiation, chemotherapy, transfusions and IV Medications to ease symptoms such as pain and nausea while receiving hospice care is a primary example of that! We take great pride in being among the 4% of hospices in the country that do offer Open Access.
For the past 35 years, Hospice by the Sea, Hospice of Palm Beach County and Hospice of Broward County of have offered incomparable hospice care and recently became members of the TrustBridge continuum of services.
Qualified applicants should be board certified in hospice and palliative medicine, internal medicine, or family practice. They should also demonstrate excellent critical thinking; understand the value of a team oriented approach, sensitivity towards patient and family challenges at this difficult time and a dedication to providing compassionate end of life care.
Learn About Our Fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine?
Partnering with the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine, JFK Medical Center and Palm Beach VA Medical Center, Hospice of Palm Beach County offers a Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program accredited by the American Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME.) Fellows learn in an environment of compassion where the way things are done is just as important as the treatments themselves. Learn more at www.hospicefellowship.org.
To join our dynamic team, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call Michelle Britt at 561-227-5127.