Professional Relations Liaison – Weekend Coverage
Thursday - Sunday schedule preferred!
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
The Professional Relations Liaison is a relationship building and educational position. The Liaison will act as a consultant to our referral sources to educate them about Empath Health services, access to hospice care and delivery of end of life care. It is expected that the Liaison would be an expert in end-of-life services, as well as adept at educating our professional community. He/she would be expected to identify and facilitate opportunities for an increased Empath Health presence and collaborations which will improve access to hospice care and related programs.
This is an excellent opportunity for a caring, dynamic Liaison professional to expand their career in the Hospice field. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, stable work/life balance and opportunities to grow in your career in the healthcare field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Professional Relations Liaison with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 2 years outreach, professional relations and/or sales experience preferred.
• Minimum 5 years clinical expertise in related discipline preferred.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal relationship skills, including public speaking experience.
• Must have reliable transportation/insurance and be willing to travel throughout the county.
• Ability to work unsupervised exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgement.
• Basic computer skills with a willingness to learn; familiarity with spread sheet programs.
• Employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza and COVID-19 program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.