PRN CNA Hospice House AM – $18/hour
Tidewell Hospice, a member of Empath Health in beautiful Southwest Florida, is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant to care for patients at Empath Health Hospice Houses.
8am-8:30pm, Candidates will assist at Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, Bradenton Hospice Houses and Venice general in-patient units.
Under the direction of an RN, the hospice CNA delivers emotional and physical support to terminal patients and their primary caregivers. When our patients and their loved ones thank us for the angels who provide care, they are most commonly referring to our CNAs.
The hospice CNA is responsible for:
- Overall care of the patient, from basic personal care like bathing and grooming to household tasks that assist the primary caregiver.
- Educating the patient and primary caregiver about personal care, patient positioning and daily living.
- Applicants must have Florida State Certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Current CPR certification
- One year of recent experience in hospice, home health or acute-care setting is preferred
- CHPNA certification is strongly encouraged within three years of hiring
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers, and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive, and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity, and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff, and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza and COVID-19 program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Providing compassionate, full life care is an honor we take seriously at Empath Health. Join our team and make a positive impact in the community!