Empath Health is currently seeking a Physician to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Physician is an employed physician who provides medical care and treatment for the patients served by Empath Health Pinellas County care teams or consultative palliative care to Empath Health patients. Provides physician direction and guidance to the Empath Health hospice program to assure the maintenance of quality care for patients and families. Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meeting, performs certification, recertification, provides symptom control expertise, performs clinical visits in the home or inpatient setting and provides regulatory visits to meet recertification requirements. Serves as an educator and researcher of hospice care.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
Education and/or Experience: Doctoral degree (Ph. D.) or equivalent; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Licensure: Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Florida
• Active DEA license
• Certifications: Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• MD or DO from an accredited medical school
• Board certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties’ recognized specialty that deals with care of the terminally ill, such as Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Oncology or Geriatrics.
• Knowledge and experience in palliative medical practice and symptom management
• Minimum of three years post graduate medical practice experience
• Valid Florida driver’s license and automobile insurance as per agency policies
• Ability to make home/residence visits
• Basic keyboarding and computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word or comparable programs
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza and COVID- 19 program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.