Statement of Purpose:
The Philanthropy Officer is responsible for planning and implementing programs which advance Tidewell
Hospice’s Philanthropy program with main focus on annual and major giving resulting in coordinated and
efficient processes that expand the number of gifts and increase contributions to Tidewell. Maintains a strong
focus on customer service and donor interaction, goal achievement and building relationships with friends of
Primary tasks, duties and responsibilities:
1. Promotes and practices the Hospice mission and values and follows policies and procedures of
2. Manages a personal portfolio of approx. 120 current donors and prospects and follows-up through
personal visits, phone calls and written communication.
3. Identifies, researches and qualifies prospective major donors; ensures each major donor and
prospect has a clear strategy and timeline for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
4. Develops and manages relationships with local businesses and foundations with the goal of securing
major gifts commitments.
5. Prepares case statements, solicitation and follow-up proposals, communications and other materials
for prospects and donors.
6. Develops and implements strategies to increase the number of donors and size of gifts, increase
donor retention and methodically advance donors toward the major and planned gift levels.
Please send all applications to the Hospice Provider listed on the job listing. Florida Hospice & Palliative Care Association will not accept or forward any applications received.