Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative care & home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
At Suncoast Hospice, the Interdisciplinary Team Mentor is responsible for the overall mentoring and professional development process for new interdisciplinary team staff members and will work in collaboration with the Center for Learning.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care
1. Registered Nurse in the state of Florida.
2. Bachelor of Arts degree in Nursing preferred.
3. At least (3) three years discipline-specific experience in hospice and/or palliative care.
4. CHPN required or will sit exam within one (1) year.
5. At least two (2) years experience in mentoring or teaching.
6. Strong and current nursing clinical skills required.
7. Expertise in hospice/palliative care, pain, and symptom management.
8. Computer and documentation expertise.
9. Strong interpersonal skills, small group facilitation skills, communication skills, and writing skills.
10. Flexibility for some evening and weekend shifts as needed.
11. Must have reliable transportation which will enable the individual to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee's file.
Please send all applications to the Hospice Provider listed on the job listing. Florida Hospice & Palliative Care Association will not accept or forward any applications received.