Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Nurse Manager Pediatrics – (Home Care) is the leader of the Patient Care Team and that member of the team whose function is to: supervise, evaluate and coordinate the various component members of the interdisciplinary team; assure continuity of care from admission to discharge or transfer to bereavement; serve as patient advocate and coordinator for other social service and health care providers in the community who are involved in the care of the team’s patients; assume responsibility for the maintenance of patient records from intake through discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Patient Care Services
- Staff Supervision and Management
- Quality Improvement/Regulatory Compliance
- Customer Service/Sales/Marketing
- Cost Containment
- Professional Development
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Reliable transportation with appropriate license and insurance coverage for driver and passengers.
- Private telephone in home.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary medical and nursing care, with at least a working knowledge of oncologic nursing and palliative care.
- Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics operative within the working relationships of an interdisciplinary health care team, and knowledge of the process of dying and bereavement.
- Working knowledge of VITAS information system (Vx) and the ability to utilize management reports.
- Two years successful supervisory experience or equivalent in a health care organization.
- A minimum of 2 years pediatrics experience in hospice or hospital settings.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current and valid R.N. License to practice in the state of Florida
Please send all applications to the Hospice Provider listed on the job listing. Florida Hospice & Palliative Care Association will not accept or forward any applications received.