EPIC, a member of Empath Health is currently seeking a Medical Director to join our team at the Sexual Health Center. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Medical Director of the EPIC Sexual Health Center is an employed physician who reviews, coordinates, oversees and provides strategic leadership of EPIC Health Center clinical staff. The medical director provides direction and guidance to EPIC leadership and oversight of medical staff functions at EPIC’s Sexual Health Center to assure the provision and maintenance of quality care for patients. The medical director serves as an educator and researcher of Sexually Transmitted Infections and other Sexual Health topics.
This position is also responsible for providing guidance on symptom control and treatment expertise. The Medical Director shall establish, review, and maintain medical policies and standards of the clinic, which will be reviewed at least annually. The medical director may need to provide coverage in the absence of other medical coverage.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
EPIC (Empath Partners in Care) is a nonprofit provider of medical case management, counseling and pharmacy services to Tampa Bay area residents with HIV. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is helping clients achieve treatment success so they can live a healthy life, providing support to caregivers and family members and educating the community on the prevention of HIV.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
- Education and/or Experience: MD or DO from an accredited medical school. 2 years of experience in internal medicine, infectious disease or sexually transmitted disease treatment; or equivalent experience
- Licensure: Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Florida, or ability to obtain before starting
- Active DEA license
- Certifications: Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Board certification in your primary specialty Knowledge and experience in STI treatment and symptom management
- Valid Florida driver’s license and automobile insurance as per agency policies
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word or comparable programs
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan with employer match
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please send all applications to the Hospice Provider listed on the job listing. Florida Hospice & Palliative Care Association will not accept or forward any applications received.