LPN – Evening/Weekend Team – Part-Time
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Under the direction of the Primary RN, the LPN is responsible for identifying Patient/Family needs and coordinating Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) provision of services under physician’s orders.
- Utilizes monitoring, intervention, and teaching skills to maximize patient comfort and enhance the quality of life for the Patient/Family unit.
- The LPN is supervised and collaborates with Primary RN and/or CTM.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Florida LPN License.
- Valid Florida State Driver’s License
- Continuing Education: As required for licensure.
- Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Current IV Therapy certification preferred. Must obtain the certification within six months of hire date.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza and COVID-19 program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Providing compassionate, full life care is an honor we take seriously at Empath Health. Join our team and make a positive impact in the community!