Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
At Suncoast Hospice, the Interdisciplinary Clinical Mentor is responsible for the overall mentoring and professional development process for new interdisciplinary team employees and the development and implementation of interdisciplinary best practices across all Programs teams and departments.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care
As an Interdisciplinary Clinical Mentor with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; BSN preferred.
• At least three (3) years discipline specific experience in hospice and/or palliative care.
• At least two (2) years experience as a clinical preceptor, mentor or instructor.
• Licensure: Registered Nurse, State of Florida
• Certifications (i.e. CPR): CHPN preferred.
• Strong and current nursing clinical skills required.
• Expertise in hospice/palliative care pain and symptom management.
• Computer expertise and EMR expertise, preferably with Netsmart/My Unity as well as an understanding of critical thinking and care planning processes.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Empath Health guidelines, policies and procedures and pertinent State and Federal Rules and Regulations and Joint Commission standards.
• Strong interpersonal skills, small group facilitation skills, training skills, communication skills and writing and time management skills
• Flexible for some evening and weekend shifts as needed
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in their employee file.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Generous PTO
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) ,
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please send all applications to the Hospice Provider listed on the job listing. Florida Hospice & Palliative Care Association will not accept or forward any applications received.