Director of Informatics
Empath Health is currently seeking a of Director of Informatics to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
Empath Health is currently seeking a Director of Informatics who has proven skills as a leader and collaborator. Out of the box thinking is valued. Under the direction of the Chief Mission Implementation Officer, the Director of Informatics (“Director”) is responsible for the direction and oversight of analytics, data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, and benchmarking research to support operational and strategic expansion/integration goals. The Director is available to consult with staff in order to assist the clinical & compliance teams, IT data management staff and/or finance staff with their required clinical, financial, and other data reporting responsibilities to local, state and federal agencies and to other stakeholder partners. The Director provides necessary analytical and benchmarking support for Joint Commission accreditation and certification programs, as well as analytical assistance in furthering the development of a high reliability organization.
The Director role contributes to Empath Health’s success by developing management and operational reports, performing system support, analysis, and consulting on configuration, conducting data mining, and preparing data for presentation and audits, as well as working on assigned managed care projects necessary to support operational needs, grow the company, and improve the efficiency and quality of care and services delivered. This position is responsible for the management and coordination of focused projects working with managed care data and analytics as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer. The Director supports business strategies through the development of dashboards, reporting, and improved business and technical processes. This position requires significant capacity to manage multiple competing objectives, to prioritize, and to communicate complex information in clear and unambiguous terms to management, cross-functional team members and end user personnel.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; Master's degree in a relevant discipline preferred.
• Experience: Strongly prefer 7+ years in healthcare analytics/informatics, including report development experience; 3+ years’ experience with analytics in data warehouse environment; and 5+ years’ experience managing analytical teams. Experience including a mix of operations, supervisory experience, quality improvement, project management or process improvement preferred.
• Knowledge of Managed Care: Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurance (Group and Individual). Familiarity with Standard Medicare, Medical Supplements and Medicare Advantage Plans. Knowledge of HMO, PPO, POS Plans, etc. Experience with working with managed care enrollment and claims data.
• Familiarity with Managed Care Partners (e.g., Aetna, Humana, United Healthcare, BC/BS, etc.).
• Knowledge of Basic Univariate, Multivariate, Parametric and Nonparametric Statistics: Principles of research design, sample size estimation, sampling techniques, confidence levels, Type I and II Errors, statistical tests, principles of visual/graphical display of data, and experience in routine business reporting.
• Expertise in Various Business/Statistical Software and ability to rapidly adopt new operational software technologies: MicroSoft® Office, particularly Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Familiarity with SAS, SPPS or equivalent statistical software tools. Experience with advanced data visualization tools a plus.
• Experience with EMRs, Healthcare Databases and Healthcare Informatics: Population Health, Patient Access, Service Quality, Healthcare Outcomes, Patient/Family Satisfaction, Staff Productivity, etc.
• Knowledge of Healthcare Systems: Hospice & End-of-Life Care, Palliative Care, Home Health, Physician Groups, AIDS Support Organizations, etc.
• Team Development: Proven success recruiting, building, training, motivating, and retaining a “best in class” team.
• Communication Style: Exhibits senior presence, with clear and concise communications to effectively engage all levels of staff from individual contributors to executives. Has strong experience presenting complex content to business and technical executive audiences.
• Leadership, Problem-solving and Prioritization: Proven leadership experience setting the vision and building, leading, and motivating high performance development teams. Leads with creativity, strategic thinking, and innovation. Has a driven personality, “can do attitude,” and results-oriented management style. Experience leading managers, supporting multiple products, estimating project resource requirements, and managing product delivery schedules and associated risks are essential. Applies “out-of-the-box” thinking.
• Demonstrates professional accountability
• Advocates for positive change
• Displays customer service excellence
• Utilizes all communication technologies and practices effectively
• Participates in improving performance and quality
• Manages resources effectively
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.