Director of Clinical Technical and Practice Development
Empath Health is currently seeking a Director of Clinical Technology and Practice Development to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Director of Clinical Technology and Practice Development is a full time staff member who assumes the lead clinical responsibility for all software applications and technology initiatives. This role serves as clinical liaison expert to the Program Directors, Compliance, Quality & Service Excellence and Information Technology Departments for all regulatory, EMR and all other clinical applications. Oversees clinical mentor program and the development and implementation of ongoing clinical staff educational needs.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) from four-year college or university (master’s preferred); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two years hospice clinical experience
• Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory/management role
• Demonstrated expertise in The Joint Commission standards (or CHAPs), Federal and State rules for hospice or similar healthcare entity
• Proficient in use of clinical technology applications including EMR, telehealth applications and other future platforms.
• Licensure: Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
• Continuing education: As per licensure requirements
• Certifications: Certification in hospice and palliative nursing preferred
• Employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.