Read Description for Application Instructions
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
The Clinical Practice Director is a full time staff member who assumes the responsibility for the Crisis Care model of care with oversight of the management and coordination of the Crisis Care Team, as well as assigned specialty areas. The Clinical Practice Director serves as clinical liaison expert to the Program Directors, Compliance, Quality & Service Excellence and Information Technology Departments for all regulatory, EMR and clinical nursing or aide matters.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) from four-year college or university (master’s preferred); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two years hospice clinical experience
• Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory/management role
• Demonstrated expertise in The Joint Commission standards (or CHAPs), Federal and State rules for hospice or similar healthcare entity
• Proficient in use of Suncoast Complia or similar EMR software
• Licensure: Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
• Continuing education: As per licensure requirements
• Certifications: Certification in hospice and palliative nursing preferred
• Employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please send all applications to the Hospice Provider listed on the job listing. Florida Hospice & Palliative Care Association will not accept or forward any applications received.