Dietary Technician – Inpatient North County Care Center
Suncoast Hospice, a member of Empath Health is currently seeking a Dietary Technician to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Dietary Tech will promote and follow all dietary policies and procedures in Suncoast Hospice Care Centers to ensure safe food practices. The Dietary Tech will assist Cook in preparing meal trays in accordance with patient wishes and appropriate safe handling standards. The Dietary Tech may be needed to provide cooking support in event Cook is absent. The Dietary Tech will support menu (food selection) system as needed. Environments related to food service will be maintained in clean and sanitary conditions at all times. Additionally, Dietary Tech will provide dining services to patients and guests while maintaining and exceeding hospitality and service standards.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current ServSafe certification preferred.
• Desire to work with hospice patients.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Ability to effectively communicate with -patients/families, volunteers, supervisor and staff.
• Experience in food services environment preferable.
• Ability to provide dishwashing services and assist in providing dining services which meet or exceed hospitality and service standards.
• Ability to read and follow instructions to meet needs of kitchen services and cleaning.
• Ability to perform duties while standing, walking and bending on a daily basis. Also requires the ability to move supplies on a daily basis without assistance. The ability to work in an environment of varying temperatures due to ovens, gas burners, and grills and cold temperatures from walk-in freezers and coolers.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.