CNA Hospice House Float – 8pm-8:30am
Tidewell Hospice, a member of Empath Health in beautiful Southwest Florida, is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant to care for patients at Empath Health Hospice Houses.
Covering the Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, and Venice area Hospice Houses.
Hours: 8:00pm-8:30am. Varied schedule including up to every other weekend.
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the CNA provides personal and basic medical care services within the plan of care for patients within the CNA scope of practice and to enhance patient and family comfort. The CNA Float works in private homes, assisted living facilities and long-term care communities to provide care as needed.
The hospice CNA is responsible for:
- Promotes and practices the hospice mission and core values and follows all policies and procedures of Empath Health.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to the Florida Nurse Practice Act, Standards of Practice of Hospice Nursing as well as legal, regulatory and CHAP requirements.
- Provides basic personal care such as bed, shower or tub bath, oral hygiene, toileting, skin care, ambulation, and exercise as directed by the RN and assigned by the patient’s plan of care (POC).
- Provides education in personal care, patient positioning, and ADL’s specific to patient’s POC.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and axillaries temperatures, pulse, and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within scope and training of the CNA.
- Follows infection control procedures and Standard Precautions against Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Responsible for documenting patient care timely and appropriately while ensuring confidentiality.
- Communicates and regularly updates the RN regarding observations, progress/deterioration and comfort needs of the patient. Actively participates in the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) meetings.
- Assists with household tasks directly essential to patient’s safety and health, i.e. cleaning, supply organization, meal preparation and/or assistance as per POC.
- Coordinates visit with facility and/or family members, utilizing established communication protocols.
- Participates in in-service education programs and performance improvement activities as required by Empath Health policies and patient needs.
- Recognizes and maintains professional boundaries in relationships with patient/family/caregiver.
- Display respectful adherence to Empath Health community partner facilities, staff, rules and regulations.
- Florida State Certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Education hours in accordance to requirements of CHAP accreditation.
- Current CPR certification
- Six months recent experience in Hospice, Home Health or acute care setting environment preferred
- CHPNA certification is strongly encouraged within three years of hiring
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers, and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive, and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity, and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff, and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza and COVID-19 program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Providing compassionate, full life care is an honor we take seriously at Empath Health. Join our team and make a positive impact in the community!