This position requires a 75 credit Home Health Aide (HHA) Certificate and a FL CNA license. Bi-lingual (Spanish, Dutch, French, Creole)
Provide personal care and related services for hospice patients and assist the family with patient care.
- Provide direct patient care, as delegated by the RN, so that patient needs are met.
- Assist the patient/family to attain and maintain good personal hygiene.
- Encourage the patient to be as independent as possible and maintain ADL's according to the patient's abilities and condition.
- Offer emotional support to the patient/family as needed.
- Provide and replenish medical supplies and equipment as directed.
- Report any change in the patient's mental or physical condition to the designated nurse.
- Complete documentation accurately, concisely and in a timely manner, as appropriate.
- Contribute to overall team functioning by responsible participation.
- Actively participate in department meetings when possible.
- Perform other related work as needed and as directed.
- Complete successfully at least 12 hours of continuing education per calendar year.
- Complete successfully all the requirements outlined in the Annual Competency Evaluation.
- Provide care based on the Aide Care Plan
- Document patient visit in the electronic patient record.
Valid FL CNA license and 75 hour HHA certification required
Valid driver’s license required
Compensation and Benefits:
This is only a summary of our employee benefits; it is subject to change.
- Medical insurance (PPO) with prescription drug co-pay or HDHP w/HSA
- Supplemental Benefits (hospital confinement, accident and/or cancer)
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and accidental death/dismemberment insurance (company paid)
- Long term care insurance (company paid)
- Retirement savings plan (TSA/403(b) matching program)
- Short and long term disability insurance (company paid)
- LegalShield (identity protection and more)
- Bereavement leave for family and pets
- Direct deposit
- Credit union availability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- In-house continuing education opportunities
- Discounted membership at local area Fitness Center
- Tuition reimbursement
- Other employer-sponsored activities
Please send all applications to the Hospice Provider listed on the job listing. Florida Hospice & Palliative Care Association will not accept or forward any applications received.